Vintage Napier jewelry
1. All sterling jewelry made after 1955 will have the copyright mark.
2. Not all base metal jewelry made after 1955 will have the copyright mark.
3. Napier used the block NAPIER trademark (not in the cusped hexagonal shape as shown below) from “not less than one year” of the trademark filing date of 6/28/1923 until its closure. Other marks were used during this period as well.
4. If a piece does not have the word “Sterling” on the item, it’s not sterling.
5. Charm bracelets are the most “faked” piece of jewelry in the realm of Napier collectibles.